Ingredient: 100% organic spirulina
Net: 360 Tablets (90g)
Spirulina belongs to an ancient class of single-celled, blue-green spiral algae. They form in spiraling, helical, microscopic strands that are smaller than the human eye can detect. The name “Spirulina” comes from this superfood’s spiral character. Spirulina grows in alkaline conditions in freshwater lakes and ponds. These microscopic algae have been living on this planet since the appearance of life on earth.
— NUTRITIONAL PROFILE —
Spirulina contains an astonishing array of nutrients, including chlorophyll, protein, vitamins, major minerals, trace minerals, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids (RNA and DNA), polysaccharides, and a vast spectrum of antioxidants.
- Consists of 65-71% protein, the highest concentration of protein found in any food.
- Each gram of spirulina protein is four times more absorbable than the same gram of protein in beef.
- Complete protein source: Contains all eight essential amino acids, and eighteen amino acids in total.
- Increases serotonin in the brain.
- Rich in vitamin A (beta-carotene), B1, B2, B6, E, and K.
- Abundant source of salts, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
- High source of iron
- The only green food rich in the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- Contains several bioavailable forms of the mineral sulfur.
Spirulina Contains the Following Antioxidants:
Beta-carotene (and other carotenoids)
There are several deep medicinal properties to Spirulina. Spirulina can help in eliminating candida through it’s strong anti-microbial activity. It’s a heavy metal detoxifier, is an anti cancer agent, can help in lowering blood pressure, reducing cholesterol, and boosting energy. Spirulina is also effective in alleviating sinus issues.
May Help Balance Blood Sugar
Studies show that spirulina may be especially helpful in balancing blood sugar, and may even be as effective as diabetes medication in some instances. Other studies show that it not only lowers blood sugar but may also lower HbA1c, which is a long term marker of blood sugar levels.
Muscle and Endurance Benefits
Spirulina is known to increase fat burning during exercise. Its high antioxidant content makes it beneficial in reducing exercise induced oxidation which leads to muscle fatigue and inability to gain muscle.
In fact studies found that it:
— OTHER TIDBITS —
- 10 times the vitamin A of carrots
- 17 times the calcium found in milk
- 15 times the potassium of bananas
- 25 times the iron of spinach
- 9 times the protein of yogurt