Drench your body in complete hydration with our wide range of functioning waters. Our hydrating and functioning infused waters are part elixir and part alkaline water. Full of flavor, our infused alkaline waters aid in digestion, promote energy and weight loss, prevent post-workout fatigue, ease inflammation, as well as balance blood sugar levels. Explore our full line of alkaline water products.
— THE IMPORTANCE OF ALKALINITY —
Studies show that a body that is slightly alkaline will experience higher energy, better digestion, healthier weight, increased mental awareness and less inflammation. An alkaline body is essential for better overall health and prevention.
On the flip side, a body with too much acidity will experience increased fatigue, weight gain, inflammation, and lower immunity. An acidic body will also encourage the growth of harmful bacteria. When bodies have too much acidity they work to balance themselves by leaching certain vital minerals, like calcium, magnesium, and potassium from organs and bones. The root cause of many of our common ailments, diseases and symptoms are due to too much acidity, aka inflammation.
Unfortunately, many of us follow the Standard American Diet (SAD). An abundance of sugars, processed foods and animal proteins, combined with a lack of fresh fruits, vegetables and other plant-based whole foods promotes an acidic body.
The good news is that this is easily reversible with the introduction of the right foods. These include fresh green vegetables and nuts. And, by eliminating processed food, dairy products and refined sugars, sustained energy, clearer skin, better performance, and an overall feeling of vibrancy is within reach!
Definition and Importance
Measurement of hydrogen ion concentration in the body.
Scale from 1-14 – with 7 considered to be neutral.
A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic alkaline.
Ideal pH is slightly alkaline – 7.30 to 7.45
- Indigestion, nausea, bloating, and gastric reflux are symptoms caused by excess acid in the gastric region and not enough alkaline minerals in the intestinal tract.
- When alkaline minerals from enzyme rich foods are missing, the pancreas will become exhausted, and once the pancreas is exhausted, it looses the ability to decode the food and tell the body what to do with it.
- This leads to a degenerative spiral of entropy where organs become confused and inflamed.
- Acidity is the principle cause of heart disease.
- The body responds to the acidity by lining the vessels with fatty plaques to prevent life threatening leaks, which arrest imminent death, but strain the heart because the aperture for the blood to flow through is narrower.
- When the heart becomes completely exhausted, this is known as a heart attack.
- When tissues and organs are overloaded by acidity the transport of oxygen is strangled. This suffocation means cells cannot breath properly.
- Every cell in our body needs to breathe new oxygen and to cleat acidic carbon dioxide to function correctly.
- When the ratio of acidity is too high then wastes in the form of mucus and infections and viruses build up in our lungs, which leads to colds, bronchitis, asthma, etc.
- Pain, stiffness, swelling, inflammation of the joints, (arthritis / Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis) is the accumulation of acidity and a pH imbalance.
- It is this accumulated acid that damages cartilage. When the cells that produce the lubricating synovial fluids and bursa fluids are acidic, this condition causes a dryness that irritate and swells the joints.
- Commonly known as the skin.
- When the body’s pH is out of balance then the build up of acid causes inflammation and the skin is less able to function as a natural barrier against infection.
- As a result, the skin tends to develop lesions and sores open to the surface of the body; the formation of the skin eruptions occur like pimples and rashes.
- Acidity weakens the nervous system by depriving it of energy.
- This is also know as “devitalizing” or “enervation.” It makes the physical, mental, and emotional body work.
- Also know as the urinary system.
- Made up of multiple organs, mainly the kidneys.
- Kidneys preform the task of filtering fluids and purifying the blood.
- When the body is overwhelmed by excess acids, compensatory mechanisms spring into action. One of them is the pulling of alkaline minerals from our bones and dumpling them in the blood.
- When this occurs frequently enough, the minerals build up in the kidneys in the form of painful kidney stones.
- When acidity increases in the muscle cells, it disrupts the metabolism breakdown of glucose and oxygen to energy. This means muscles perform poorly in an acidic environment.
- An alkaline system on the other hand, allows for much better aerobic metabolism and energy for the body’s recovery from strenuous exercise.